Thursday, April 12, 2012

Parking Lot Faux Pas...

There is something interesting that I have seen happen many times and I wanted to mention it. Maybe you've seen it happen yourself. Maybe you've done it yourself, and if so you need to know that there are people who have noticed. What I'm talking about today is the following scenario:

You are driving along and pull into a large, mostly empty parking lot. There are literally dozens of empty, unused parking spots all over the place. And yet, while driving along in the actual, marked driving lane, you are blocked because two cars have stopped side by side so the drivers can talk. Two cars blocking traffic sitting motionless immediately next to dozens of open, available, unused parking spaces! I tell you folks, I have seen this happen not once, not twice, but many, many... many times. I honestly cannot believe it either. Each time it happens I want to take out my camera and start snapping pictures of the vehicles to put up online in places like Failblog.org. How can someone be so self-absorbed as to block other people who are driving correctly in an empty parking lot? The worst is when you honk and they get angry and wave you around to drive through the empty spaces they've snubbed as if you're an inconvenience to them and their chat time!

I saw one even better today ! I was pulling into a business which had two entrances. I couldn't use the first one because someone had decided to stop in the middle of the lane directly in front of a single parked car in a line of open parking spaces, thereby blocking the entrance lane. When I pulled into the other, further entrance, I come to find the reason this guy did this was because he was talking to two people who had walked up to his driver door. Even better, and you'll love this one, they had parked their truck near his in order to get out and walk up to his window to chat. However, they had parked across two handicapped parking spaces to do this! That's right. Not that they had parked in one handicapped spot, but across both of the available handicapped spots in an large, mostly empty parking lot.

Honest to god, there were a total of about eight vehicles, including mine and theirs, in this large lot... that's it. And yet they felt the need, the compulsion to block traffic and take up two handicapped spaces. How asinine can someone get? And before anyone comments, yes I did check to see if they had a handicapped license or even a temporary sticker. And no, they didn't. Now whether this was a cry for attention or just self-absorbed inconsiderateness to a staggering degree, that was pretty freaking pathetic. Worst of all, I know this won't be the last time I will see this kind of thing happen either. Next time I'm snapping photos to share with the world, period.




No comments:

Post a Comment